The SofterWater Conditioner technology is unique because it:
- Prevents scale & also breaks down existing scale – without salts, chemicals or electricity
- Provides an endless supply of ‘softened’ water without further cost or maintenance
How Does it Work?
Even though there are various ways to treat hard water using sophisticated microprocessors and salt replacement technology the science upon which the SofterWater Conditioner technology operates is both simple and elegant. The technology is known as catalytic conversion, and uses both chemistry and physics, without the addition of chemicals to achieve amazing results.
Basically water is forced through a pipe with an alloy core.
• The core has alloy discs along the internal pathway and each disc is offset so that there is no direct route for the water to travel.
• As the water travels through the alloy core areas of high (HP) and low (LP) pressure are created along the chambers which causes turbulence.
• There is a definite electrochemical (galvanic, cathode anode) reaction between the minerals in the water and the specially founded alloy.
• The turbulence creates a washing effect which prevents minerals from building up on the alloy core and blocking the unit. The washing effect also help with reducing the size of the minerals in the water.
• The low pressure areas help release carbon dioxide and hydrogen sulphide from the water reducing downstream corrosive problems.
The result is that:
- The zeta potential of the minerals is lowered (the electric charge), and
- The crystalline structure of the minerals is changed to smaller nano colloid sized particles.
Lowering the electrical charge of the minerals has the effect of lowering the surface tension of the water. This means the water is ‘wetter’ and it also means the cleaning power of the cold water is increased to that of hot water!
The bonding ability of the minerals is effectively neutralized and breaks down large mineral crystals into tiny mineral particles and prevents them from sticking to any surface to form scale. This also has the effect on the minerals of remaining in suspension rather than precipitating out onto the pipe and associated equipment.
Simply, the SofterWater Conditioner technology changes the molecular structure of the mineral crystals in hard water. The minerals become tiny particles and instead of clumping together and attaching to surfaces they pass straight through. Essentially the water treatment both prevents and cures scale build up.